The Happiest Place in the World.


Everyone who knows me knows that i am obsessed with everything Disney. I have been going to Disney World since i was old enough to walk. My family and go at least two times a year. I even got engaged there; which was one of the best days of my life!! My husband planned a weekend getaway for us. He even planned a meet and greet with the first love of my life MICKEY!

I can go for hours talking about my perfect engagement, but this post is going to be about the top 10 things to do or try at Disney Parks and World.








1. Take a tour of the resorts
Disney World has many themed resorts and hotels. Disney offers a timeshare called Disney's Vacation Club. Even if you don't buy a timeshare, you can still stay at the wonderful resorts. My top favorites are:
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  •  Live animals in the backyard
  • One of the newest resorts
  • A lodge feeling


Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Hawaiian vibe
  • You can stay in Bungalows

The first one i ever stayed at and will always be my favorite is:
Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • A island with shimmering waterways 
  • A boat ride away from Disney Springs



2. Collect and Trade Pins at the parks!
Ever since i was a child, i collected and traded pins with the cast members. You can purchase a start up lanyard and pins from any store. The way that it works is that you ask a cast member to trade for the one that you want, and they have to give it to you. A new fun trick is that the cast members have secret pins that are backwards and you can trade and you wont find out until after.

The last time i went i collected only Princesses and my husband collected Villains.




3. Disney's Springs ( True Disney fans remember this as Downtown Disney)
 Disney springs is like a outside mall to hang out and shop. Growing up, it was known as downtown Disney. Most of the stores were Disney and they had a lot of cool Disney themed stores and restaurants it was alot of fun. The vibe has changed, it is more like a mall with outside stores. It is still very beautiful. I still highly recommend checking it out.




A fun thing that hasn't changed is the Amphicars
The Boathouse that has 1960s-era amphicars—vintage cars that also float like boats. TRY IT!!!






4.Epcot’s Flavors of Club Cool 

 This was a hidden gem for a while until everyone starting talking about it. It is awesome. They have flavors of soda from around the world. It is a must try!!
One of my favorites is
VegitaBeta – It is a Japanese beverage combining apricot and passion fruit flavors.

5. Dole Whip Ice Cream Float

A Disney exclusive! it is so amazing! it is Pineapple Ice cream and Pineapple juice! It is a unique taste and the line for it is always long  but def worth trying!! They have it at Magic Kingdom, and at Animal Kingdom you can try it with RUM!


6.  Don't miss out!! Stay for the night shows 
Disney's Hollywood Studios has a wonderful show at night called Fantasmic! it is still my favorite! it is so magical!

Rivers of Light in Animal Kingdom!!

Disney is known for its firework shows!All the parks has special shows at night! Please check the schedules when you get there and don't miss out on them!!!!





7.  Tomorrow Lands- SPACE MOUNTAIN
Take a ride into SPACE!
My favorite ride!!!! No matter when i go, and how long the line is, i will wait to go on Space Mountain. It is a dark roller coaster and it will always be my favorite!!!






8. Be Our Guest Restaurant
 Take a trip inside the Beauty and the Beast movie, and dine at one at their hall.

Once you plan your trip to Disney, get reservations to Be Our Guest! it is the best place to eat at Magic Kingdom but it is very hard to get reservations.


9. Mail a Coconut
You can mail out a coconut to anywhere in the US!!! how amazing and unique is that?



The coconuts are sold in 3 locations around the resort, at Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar (Pirates of the Caribbean attraction's gift shop in Magic Kingdom), Calypso Trading Post at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, and at Boutiki, Disney's Poynesian Village Resort's gift shop.





10.Disney's Animal Kingdom PANDORA- The World of Avatar 
So i saved the best for last!! Ladies and Gents.. i was blown away! At night it is a beautiful river of lights. In the day time you can see the floating cities! I am so impressed by how amazing Disney made this park!
The two rides are just as fantastic but my favorite is the "Avatar flight of Passage" it feels so realistic! it is a 3D flying experience. I really felt like i was flying a Bangshee!

 The food is unique and colorful. Make sure you try the "Pongu Pongu" drinks. They have different flavors but my favorite is the "bioluminescent" frozen cocktail. YUMM!!



  People always tell me... "Disney Is For Kids". Reality is Disney is so magical and filled with so many things to do that i really feel like adults have more fun! 

My mother used to always say " Nobody treats you better than the mouse" it is soooo true!! the hospitality and customer service at Disney World parks is beyond amazing! Everyone goes along with the stories and really takes imagination to a whole different level. I will forever love Disney and i cannot wait to go to the other parks around the world! 




WHAT TO WEAR:
Disney world requires a lot of walking. It is always hot, and you will be standing around all day. As a big girl, the summer and i are not best friends. I would highly recommend dressing comfortable with light clothing. I always wear a romper for animal kingdom because its the most walking. Magic kingdom i dress up because that's where you will take the most pictures. I always wear a nice dress, and bring a change of clothes. Wear comfortable walking shoes as well, i recommend skippies or converse.

Torrid has a whole collection of Plus Size Disney clothes to chose from for your trips. I had over 10 women stop me and ask me where i got my dress from. I felt a kind of satisfaction when i told them that they only make it in plus size. It felt so good to be on the other side. I get so tired of asking people where they get their clothes from and finding out it only goes to a size Large. They have all different characters and themes!

 Check out Torrid:


For my Disney lovers, Check out this amazing young artist that makes custom Disney shoes, shirts, and bags on ETSY. He made me a pair of Mickey and a pair of Stitch shoes!!




I felt so sad to leave... I feel like Disney World is my serenity. I will be back soon and i have a exciting project to share.


xoxo,
Loralyee







No comments:

Post a Comment