New York’s magical holidays

New York is the most festive place to be during the holidays. IT is so magical!! I fall in love with New York every holiday season. From the pop up markets, the shows, to the decorated restaurants with unique holiday drinks. The flashing lights everywhere light up the city more then ever before. There's no place i rather be! As a blogger, i am always thinking of fun places to go to take pictures. During the holidays in the city, it is always crowded, so its best to just be in the moment and make memories with my loved ones.  I will post some fun pictures and videos on my Instagram story (@Loralyee) and i will add some more to the list as time goes on but for now let me give you a teaser lol.

I have celebrated the holidays in New York every year, so i might be biased. Let me tell you all the fun things to do, and you can decide!!!



Here are my top 10 favorite holiday festivities and activities!!




#1 is my favorite of all!  SHOPPING!! The Union Square Holiday Market is one of my favorite places to go during the holidays. It is so fun to walk through and shop!!! All the vendors are small business owners, so it is the perfect time to support local businesses!! Since i have been going for so long, my first stop is always the candle makers, then i walk through, get a nice cup of Hot Cocoa and enjoy the rest of the stroll. Some other fun markets to walk through are Bryant Park Holiday Shops and Columbus Circle Holiday Market.



#2 SHOWS!!!!! This one is a old tradition but worth it!! If you lived in New York and you haven't seen The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular then you aren't a true New Yorker!  I have been going since i was a little girl. It is the perfect show for all ages!! Make sure you shop around for tickets, i heard Groupon has a sale!! If you have already seen The Rockettes too many times, i would recommend some other fun shows like; How the Grinch Stole Christmas The Musical  or my absolute favorite Elf The Musical . Both of these shows are perfect for the family or even just for a date!!


#3 HOT COCOA! This year i tasted one of the best hot cocoas ever!!!! You have to try BAITA at Eataly The Boozy Hot Cocoa is so yummy and the decor in this cozy rooftop restaurant is so cute!! I recommend making reservations if you want to eat. If you just want the Cocoa, just go and sit at the bar! Believe me you wont be disappointed!!


#4  LIGHTS!!! According to Time Out Magazine "Out of all the yuletide razzle-dazzle NYC has to offer, the Dyker Heights Christmas Lights 2017 display is by far the most spectacular." Go Check It Out!!! All of the people in these homes work so hard to decorate the neighborhood. You can even play a game and vote for the best house!!!


#5 DRINKING! Have you ever walked around NYC and saw a bunch of Santa's strolling around? I promise most of them are on the naughty list lol. ( Just kidding) It was probably Santa Con, one of the most fun days in New York. A bunch of New Yorkers dress up in holiday outfits and go bar hopping around the city. Check out the Santa Con website for the most popular bars. This year it is December 9th starting at 10:00am.


#6 ICE SKATING!!  Do you like to "LET IT GOOO" on the ice? I defiantly don't! lol i am the worst ice skater because i am so scared to fall in!! Buttt.. for those who love to ice skate here are two ice skating rings in the city. Bryant Park Ice skating is the most popular, be prepared for a long line.. but once you are inside the view is breathtaking!! You can see the tree and many more amazing decorations.  The second one is the newest but it is so cute for kids. The Rink At Brookfield Place They have little animals they can push to hold their balance on the ice! The view is the water and it is so beautiful. 


#7 TRAINS! I hate New York City Trains but I'll make a exception for The Holiday Train Show @ The Botanical Gardens It is so beautiful and Festive. It is also perfect for the family. I recommend checking the schedule online before going.


#8 POP UP BAR-- Miracle on 9th street is a Christmas Cocktail pop up bar. It is so delicious and a perfect place to hang out with the girls. I would recommend going early because it does get packed!!! Try the Bad Santa or the Jingle Ball Nog!!!



#9 Holiday Cruise-- Cocoa and Carols Holiday Cruise  is a must do! Its a warm and cozy cruise tailored for friends, family, and all your loved ones during the Holiday Season. Step inside this toasty solarium in full holiday decor for a 1.75 hour cruise to see the New York City lights. Delicious Hot Cocoa, Cookies, and live music. Its perfect for a tourist or even a New Yorker that wants to admire their city.

#10 Holiday Windows- Everyone knows that Macy's has a beautiful display every year for the holidays, But there are so many more amazing holidays window displays that are worth checking out. If you walk down 5th avenue from the 50s all the way down you will see some amazing displays. Some of my favorites are Barney's, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Tiffany & Co. They are a perfect place to take pictures or just stand and appreciate the views.



I hope you all enjoyed this list!! Stay tuned for pictures and videos of myself exploring the city. I hope you are enjoying #loralyess25daysofchristmas  Stay tuned for my TOP 10 favorite festive restaurants and more holiday fun.


XoXo,
Loralyee

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have read your Blog this So Nice and Awesome products you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for something New related to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Vinium Tube' is a stylish alternative for stainless steel
    I had 공주 출장샵 a similar project with the same name, a stainless steel blade 과천 출장샵 and 포천 출장샵 a titanium tubing top brass core. 김제 출장마사지 I used the same model for my double edge razor.

    ReplyDelete